Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas shopping

The kids are out on break from their school, CrossRoad Christian Academy. I've gone Christmas shopping the last two days with Bryson, my 4th grade son. Bryson has this unique ability to say some rather funny, and often profound things. As with all my kids, I just thoroughly enjoy being with them, which is a big part of why I coach soccer, I want have experiences with them that they'll always have as memories. I learned it from my dad, and I'm passing it on to them. There is no way I'm going to be an absent or rarely around dad.

Two days ago we started his shopping. We went all around the mall, looking for just the right gift. He immediately found what he wanted for his little sister, but found the going more difficult for his older brother and sister. He isn't indecisive, he is very conscientious, knows what they like, and wants to make sure he gets that. While we were shopping the first day, he turned to me and said, "this is the best day of shopping in my whole life. We've gotten to go everywhere I wanted to go!" I just laughed, then told him I was glad for that. I love for moments like that. We're creating memories for a lifetime.

By the way, we did get done with shopping, but it took one more afternoon and alot of looking. He knows what he wants.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home