Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Giving

The last three weeks I’ve been preaching on stewardship, which is how we handle what God has given us. It entails more than money, it is a lifestyle, a lifestyle of giving. And that lifestyle reflects something more, how we worship. Worship is more than singing on Sunday during the services, worship to the Lord is defined by how I conduct all of my life. What I do with my life is to be seen as worship to the Lord. With that in mind, on Sunday I defined stewardship as a
lifestyle of worship which is evident in our giving.


With that in mind, I’d like for you to look at Mark D. Roberts. Mark Roberts has some observations worth reading about the National Prayer Breakfast that was held recently, and specifically the “sermon” from Bono of U2 fame, which dealt with giving and tithing. Bono didn’t come as a member of U2, though, he came as the founder of DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), which in turn founded the ONE Campaign. (Check out his entries on February 13-15, which deal specifically with Bono’s speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home