Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Birthdays

Old age is always 15 years older than I am.
~ Bernard Baruch


I celebrated my birthday yesterday. Being a dad of small children, what better place to celebrate than at a place of lights, glitter, loud music, laughter and fun: Chuck E. Cheese! We seem to have a lot of birthday celebrations there. It’s a great place for the kids, and the clean up is very easy. Probably the best part of the day was having the kids sing to me, especially Michala, who is almost two. She tries so hard to sing the words, but of course, not all of them come quite right, which makes her singing all that much cuter. And of course, the clapping and cheering at the end is of particular joy to her. She thinks it’s her birthday, too, so after I opened my presents, she wanted to know where hers were.

Every day I thank God for my family, and I especially did yesterday. I’m blessed beyond measure. God is good.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated birthday Pastor Scott!!! I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderfull day at Chuck E Cheese's. AKA Sr. Cheese
    Thanks for always taking the time to say hello and to see how Joe is doing. I do Thank God for you, the Church and the school. God Bless,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Dave Miller said…

    Happy Birthday Scott!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless us all

    mynewsbot.com

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    michala is almost two pastor, how sad that i know your child's ages better than you! ha! i am telling traci!! we love you! Happy belated.

    <3 bruce and charlie

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger kansasscott said…

    Divyne,
    My wife's favorite name when she was growing up was "Scott", and she would name all of her male dolls that. We didn't meet until she was 18, but the Lord was already preparing her. The name Scott means loyal, by the way!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger James Manning said…

    happy birthday.. I see we are both capricorns (whatever that means). Nothing like celebrating with the family.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger molly said…

    happy belated bday scott. i miss you guys here in michigan. i loved the times we had in the youth group at judson.i just wish my own 15 yr old and 6 yr old could know you. i know you would be a true blessing and friend as you always were for me. email me some time.its vindslfan@yahoo.com.love,dawn.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger molly said…

    hey scott.its dawn from flint michigan.my email is vindslfan@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home