Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This was sent through a pastor's sermon illustration email I get weekly. Quite and ironic story:

How can you have a good anti-poverty summit with a bunch of poor people hanging around?


That seemed to be the problem for the World Social Forum, an anti-poverty event recently held in Nairobi, Kenya, according to the Feb. 10 issue of World magazine. Event organizers refused to help a crowd of hungry street kids who asked for food. In response to such treatment, "dozens of languishing street children broke into the five-star hotel's food tent and gorged themselves on cuisine meant only for the anti-hunger elite. Each plate of food in the hotel sold for roughly $7 in a nation where many live on less than $2 every day. After a series of protests by street children as well as other locals, the organizers relented and agreed not to charge for the food."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home