Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Soccer and peanut butter


Justin's soccer team has gone on to regional playoffs after winning the North Torrance league. His team, the Green Agents, are quite an offensive power, but lack some on defense. One of the teams last week had some special play that the coach signaled the team to run when he said, "peanut butter." I noticed he had called it several times. I also noticed that his team got injured alot. The kids counted at least seven times one of the other team got injured, going down, forcing the coach to go out and check on him. One kid sure seemed to get hurt alot, I think he went down three times or more.

Someone began to link the two events, the "peanut butter" play, to the injuries. The person deduced that the "peanut butter" play was "someone get injured." We outplayed them, but ended the game in a tie, 1-1 because we simply ran out of time. The clock keeps running, even though a kid is hurt. Take 2-3 minutes off the clock every time there's an injury, and almost half the game is gone. Our coach protested, but we don't know the outcome yet. We do play this Saturday at 8AM. Hopefully there's no "peanut butter" play, and our kids play to their potential. If so, we'll be going into the semi-finals of this region!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home