Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, January 26, 2007

soccer champion


The outcome of Justin's soccer weekend was this: two games on Saturday, both wins, 4-0 and 3-0. Justin even scored one of the goals, and was instrumental in the scoring of at least three others. He is an outstanding passer, and no, I'm not saying that because I'm dad. He really has an ability to see the field better than most kids his age. But it wasn't just a few who played well, which is the norm, they all played an amazing game. I think they stunned the first team, who was the #1 team in the San Pedro area. So much for my last post that said they struggle on defense.

The stage was set for the rematch with a team that had beaten us in the seeding part of the tournament, and lo and behold, it was the peanut butter team (see Jan. 19 post for more details). They had the game on Sunday morning, which left me out. It's the first game I've missed all year, and it was quite difficult. I got updates throughout the game from Traci, the final score was sent through text message. The outcome, after a tie at the end, and two 5 minute overtimes, Justin's team won, 3-2. That makes them the #1 team in our area, made up of 5 or 6 different regions. It was an incredible ending to a memorable season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home