Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Community of Believers

I read this great quote from a book called, "The Gospel According to Starbucks" by Leonard Sweet. I'm enjoying the book, and not just because it's about a coffee shop, but because the author's observations of society through, of all things, coffee and the rise of coffee shops as a place of community.

Here is the quote:

Community with God is never a mass, but a body, and in a body every member has a unique role and identity. In a mass there is duplication and replication, but not in a body, where every part is a miracle.

Amen to that! I wish I had read that quote when I did the sermon on community and reconciliation, it would have been in my sermon. That is the way our church is seeing ourselves and our diferences, every part of the body (the local church) is a miracle.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home