Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

More on Unity


"We want to look like our neighborhood."

In many churches, people drive for miles (10-20 or more) to attend the church of their choice. There is nothing wrong with that, but I believe that the Lord called this church, CrossRoad, to specifically reach our immediate neighborhood with the love of Jesus. We've been doing that for the last year and a half, giving out little gifts periodically to 1800 homes in our area. This last Saturday, a group of 25 went out again to give away "to" and "from" stickers, along with an invitation to join us in worship. The picture is our youth pastor, with some of the youth who helped him.

Since we are reaching the neighborhood, we need to look like the neighborhood, and we do. This area is as diverse as any in the LA area, and our church attenders look very much like the neighborhood. They also look like the verse I previously quoted in the post on December 2, "from every tribe, language, people and nation."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Laura Springer said…

    The college ministry where I serve has just started an intentional focus on our immediate neighborhood, for I, like you, believe God has put us in a certain place.

    We started a monthly prayer walk in November (taking Sunday School off campus... scandalous!). I'm hoping others from the congregation will forego SS and worship to join us. It will be interesting to see what happens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home