Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stewardship

I have not read Bono’s speech, only the excerpts quoted on Mark's site. But what specifically speaks to me about Mark’s observation of the speech is Bono’s reference to a “tithe” that he challenges the American government to give that would go toward relieving world hunger. Bono said,
I want to suggest to you today that you see the flow of effective foreign assistance as tithing . . . . Which, to be truly meaningful, will mean an additional one percent of the federal budget tithed to the poor. . . . America gives less than one percent now. We’re asking for an extra one percent to change the world. To transform millions of lives—but not just that -- and I say this to the military men now – to transform the way that they see us.


God will use anyone, and often does, to proclaim His heart. Whether Bono is a Christian or not is irrelevant. His message, to help the less fortunate, to show compassion and justice, is. Remember what Jesus said, “Whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done it unto me”. Proverbs 22:9 (NLT) “Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.” Any discussion on stewardship must include taking care of the poor and less fortunate.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Dave Miller said…

    Scott,

    Thanks for continuing to post some of Mark's stuff on your blog. I am convinced that if we as a people took to heart and really lived some of the passages cited in his latest post, we would truly be a different country.

    Also, did I not make the cut on your remodeled blog???

    Dave

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger kansasscott said…

    Dave,
    I didn't add you because I couldn't find your address. Thanks for writing! You're in, buddy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home