Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Coexist



I've been quite intriqued by this bumper sticker. There are an increasing amount of them showing up out here in LA. I got on a couple of web sites dealing with "coexist" and found these quotes:
  • I am so happy to be sporting a bumper sticker that says very simply all that i believe in. Your service was great, you were communicative, and the item arrived in great shape. Everyone asks me where I got it and I have directed them to the website.~ Portland, Oregon (2007-04-04)
  • Wow! What a super bumper sticker. It is of such higher quality than a normal bumper sticker. It's on the back of our Prius, Jane. We ordered ten of them and pass them out to people who like them. Thanks!!~ Clair, CA (2007-04-05)
This quote is from a "coexist" web site in the UK:
"God has given us many faiths but only one world in which to co-exist. May your work help all of us to cherish our commonalities and feel enlarged by our differences."Sir Jonathan Sacks, the Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations
I'm thinking of using this in a sermon soon. What are your thoughts on it? How does this fit with a faith in Christ?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bumper sticker is "I'm okay, You're okay" attitude. A idea of joining together and making a melting pot of all the ideas that suit anyone's lifestyle, to have no clear lines of any kind.

    I can't wait to hear the sermon!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to hear the sermon, too. . .meanwhile, I'll sermonize. . .a little bit. . .here: God says have no fellowship, no business ventures, no marriages, not even any church business with unbelievers (those who will not humble themselves before Almighty God and tell Him HE is right about sin). . .how can light have fellowship with darkness. . .as the Father is wooing and in some cases, even dragging, those who should be saved into the kingdom, we're praying, of course for unbelievers. . .for we love them with the LOVE of Jesus. We can't wait until the Father gives those that will be saved to Jesus as gifts. . .What's beautiful is that our own beliefs are strengthened by these challenges relative to "co-existing" for we come to fully realize that we know nothing apart from knowing HIM, WHOM to know is life eternal. What's really important is what do I believe in my heart? Do I really believe the Word that says that there is no other name under heaven given among men. . .whereby we must be saved? YES. An astounding YES to that!! But, on the other side of the coin. . .my heart aches for those who choose not to agree with God. . .those that would coexist into eternal life separated from God, into hell that was originally prepared for the devil and his angels. . .that's why we evangelize and give out gifts around our church's neighborhood and tracts to strangers. . .there's another bumper sticker that I have lovingly placed on our van: NO JESUS, NO PEACE. . .KNOW JESUS, KNOW PEACE.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried yesterday to write some of my thoughts on this. . .however, I must have written too much, for when I pressed "send", the whole thing disappeared. So, I will just say that Dr McArthur, 99.5, 6:30AM, has been going through the same thing, and he has entitled it "Relationship Dangerzones". It has been great, bottom line: Pursue holiness, and snatch unbelievers out of the fire. . .
    Blessings on you and yours, and I can't wait for the sermon, too.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    scott,this is dawn from flint michigan.im very interested in getting ahold of you and catching up. i now have internet,which im totally illerate with except which is required at my job so bear with me.my email address is vindslfan@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home