Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Church in action


This is a picture of the group that went out last Saturday (July 23) to the area around us, giving out flashlights to every home, with the imprint, "in the darkness, Jesus is the light," with the CrossRoad logo on it. Through the summer we have an outreach program, called "Summer Unleashed." Each Saturday, anywhere from 30-50 members of the church go out, giving away gifts, praying, blessing and serving our neighborhood. We have people from one year to over 70 years of age going out. It's been a great time, and is having lasting results. Lives are being changed by just loving our neighbors, our neighbors as well as ours! And visitors are coming in weekly saying, "we got your gift, and wanted to check out what was going on." We love it. As Steve Sjogren (the pastor who inspired this kind of outreach) said, "we're just showing the love of Jesus in a practical way."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey kansasscott,

    Your blog "The Church in action", leads me to believe you will find my information on baby names and other baby subjects to be beneficial.

    You are also welcome to publish your own experiences on babies in my free directory ... sharing your knowledge will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own blog. If you have a few minutes to spare, please have a look at my articles on babies names and baby stuff now!

    Best Wishes
    Emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home