Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, August 05, 2005

August 5, 2005
Theme: intercessory prayer
History belongs to the intercessors.


There are two other pastors on staff at CrossRoad, both a blessing to me. I thoroughly enjoy being with them, they encourage me, I encourage them, and we laugh a lot, a great thing to do. As we were talking, sharing about what was happening in the church, how the Spirit is moving, and I gave them the reason for the change. Intercessors. It’s very simple. Here's the story.

I had a friend, Mike Evans, come one weekend (he has a great ministry, the web site is www.wholeness.org) to minister, and in spending time together he asked me a question, do you have any intercessors? It was embarrassing, but I had to answer, no. I didn’t think I had anyone that could or would do that. He challenged me to find some who could do that for me, his assurance was that it would radically change the ministry. I began to pray about who the Lord might be calling to pray for me and for the ministry. As I prayed, there were several that came to mind. I contacted them, asking each individually and through a letter to join me in prayer. Each answered yes. Our first meeting was in December of 2003. Their intercession became a source of great strength and encouragement. They stood with me, shared with me, listened to me, and were often God’s spokespersons; giving me the words I needed to hear to carry on. I found some material online (googled praying for your pastor) and gave that to them. I also have several prayer books, and passed them out for each to read and share. Then we prayed. It was as if God turned up the heat. His Spirit moved in new ways. I had people telling me how powerful the sermons had become. God was at work. All that we have accomplished has been done because this group of 14 people have stayed strong, stayed before the Lord and have prayed our changes through.

You want to see God move in your church? Call out the intercessors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home