Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Jesus and Revolution

I like this quote from a book called, "The Barbarian Way". I'm continuing a series at church on change and being a revolutionary. I am frustrated with the way the Church (the body of Christ) has portrayed Jesus and the radical message of salvation. To experience all that we can in our relationship to Jesus, it will involve a radical change of who we are and what we do. Most (American) Christians never get beyond "I'm saved."

He wants us to surrender our lives to Him and follow Him into the unknown. And if it means a life of suffering, hardship, and disappointment, it will be worth it because following Jesus Christ is more powerful and more fulfilling than living with everything in the worlds minus Him. Erwin McManus

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home