Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, April 06, 2007

purpose of life

I'm reading this book called, "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day," by a pastor of a church in Washington DC. His name is Mark Batterson. The book is a great read (the blog is really good, too), and one of my favorite quotes is this:
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop criticizing and start creating. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences.
Too many of us play everything too safe. Jesus said "I have come to give them life abundantly", and abundant LIFE is not found in safety.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home