Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Lessons Learned from the Office Flood: Trials and Testing

Jeremiah 17:7-8
But blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
That's the Scripture verse I received last Sunday at the beginning of our worship service. I recalled that it had been a year since my office was flooded, and it was truly like a year of drought. BUT, the message I received was: the year of drought was over. The last few weeks have reflected that, including our annual fall festival (our alternative to Halloween). I haven't seen the Fall Festival run this smooth in years, and that was confirmed by several, including a person who doesn't come to the church, but has attended the Fall Festival for 7 years. He said it was the best run Festival he has attended.
The year of drought is over. I've seen new people get involved, others start ministries with great enthusiasm, and a joy in our worship times together that has been sorely lacking for a long time.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let the church say "Amen"...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home