Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

God's will

Here is an illustration of praying with faith, and praying God’s will:

Luke 18:35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." 38 He called out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" 39 Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" 40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I want to see," he replied. 42 Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." 43 Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.



The blind man’s response in the NIV doesn’t give justice to what the man said. The NAS says, “And he said, “Lord, I want to regain my sight!” That is a man of passion!

Notice he didn’t say, “Lord, if it be your will”, or “Lord, I humbly beseech thee for healing, but only if you wish it,” or even, “Lord, I just want your will done.” No, he boldly and with great abandon proclaimed “I want to see!”

He would have had trouble fitting into a polite Baptist prayer meeting.

What would have happened if he has listened to the crowd? Nothing, absolutely nothing. But at least the crowd could have said, “well, God’s will was done.”

And the crowd would have been wrong.

The way Jesus taught us to pray God’s will is not the way we use God’s will.
Stop playing life (and prayer) safe. Start praying more than God’s will.

Start pursuing God’s will: that His Kingdom would come on earth as it is in heaven.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home