Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, August 12, 2005

16 years and counting

Traci and I are celebrating 16 years of marriage today. It seems so incredible, incredible because that sounds so long, and also incredible because the time just flew by, its both at the same time. Our marriage keeps getting better and better.

I always admired (and still do) my parent’s relationship. They’ve been married for over 45 years. I wanted a marriage like theirs, they love each other, love being together, they appreciate each other, and complement one another. Given the choice, they would rather be with each other over anyone else.

Our marriage is much like that. There is no one I’d rather be with than Traci. We laugh, tease, encourage, support and love one another. She is my biggest fan, and I hers. She is all I prayed for, and more. I admire her strength, courage, wisdom, kindness, perseverance and discernment. I would not be the man I am today without her. I thank God daily for her. The Bible says, “he who finds a wife finds a good thing, and is blessed by the Lord.” I am a blessed man.

How is our marriage so good? We choose to bless each other. She has never said an unkind word about me to someone else, nor have I about her. We mutually admire one another. We try to outserve each other (though Traci is definitely better at this), and we honor each other. And most importantly, our glue is our relationship with Jesus Christ. We have chosen above all else, to serve Christ, and that enables us to serve each other. As children of the King (not Elvis), we treat one another as that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home