Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Golfing with my boys


August 10, 2005

We’ve got four kids, two boys and two girls(see picture). Yes, we evened the score and we’re very blessed! Yesterday I took my boys, (ages 7 and 5) out golfing on the “short course”, a smaller course with less walking, that is all par threes. At the age my boys are, and as often as we go (we haven’t been since last summer), it’s perfect for us. We went in the evening, when everyone on the course seemed to be more relaxed and much less serious about the game. And if you were following us, you really needed to be relaxed and less serious! The evening was a perfect southern California evening, slight breeze, beautiful sun, and the ideal temperature.

What is the great thing about golfing with my boys? Life. They just enjoy life wherever they are. We’d be getting ready to hit, and I’d hear, “Daddy, look, a squirrel!” I loved it. I helped them with their swing, well, a little bit anyway, because I don’t know much about golf, which is evident by my own scores. They didn’t worry about the bad hits, they just picked up from there and went on. Justin amazes me at his ability. He has this smooth swing, and generally hits the ball straight down the fairway. Bryson is a different story. The little ball washers at each hole are very fascinating to a 5 year old. He had as much fun washing his ball as he did hitting it. Bryson would decide to hit the ball while we were walking to the next hole, and if I was ahead of him, oh well. And he really likes to use a tee, so he’d put a tee down whenever and wherever he wanted, so he could hit the ball better. I did keep him from putting a tee on the green, though. Some golfers would have been irritated by the delays, the side trips and the slowness of the boys. But I wasn’t there to golf, I was there to be with my boys, and I even managed to get a little golf in, too. In the hectic hustle and bustle of life, I need more moments like these. I thank God for my family. I am blessed.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger James Manning said…

    Opps, wrong blog... It's on my Peace on That blog.

    peaceonthat.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home