Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Jesus and Lifestyle Changes

This was the introduction to my sermon last week. This was the last week of our series was called "Revolution".

Jesus came and brought a revolution, a revolution not just of ideas but of an ideology. He brought not just a different way of living; He said this is the only way to truly live. He didn’t bring a way to get to God; He said He was the only way to get to God. He didn’t just say here is how to live in this world, He said if you follow me you will no longer be of this world. He brought a way that didn’t end with death but conquered death. He made eternity reachable. He brought a revolution.

In the words of Dorothy Sayers:
"To do them justice, the people who crucified Jesus did not do so because he was a bore. Quite the contrary; he was too dynamic to be safe. It has been left for later generations to muffle up that shattering personality and surround him with an atmosphere of tedium. We have declawed the lion of Judah and made him a housecat for pale priests and pious old ladies."

Christianity has the most radical, dangerous, message of life, calling us to a radical, dangerous, daring earth-shattering life, but too many of us live a life of hum-drum, safe and tedious days. Is that really the call of Jesus? Not according to the Bible I read.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home