Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Soccer coaching

I had my first practice with Justin's soccer team, AYSO under 8. I had 10 boys come, and I had a blast! It's been quite a few years since I was the coach(though I've served as an assistant coach for three years in baseball and soccer), and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Coaching and encouraging the boys to do their best is reward enough. Some of the boys are going to be really good, some will just be there, but the goal is to get some improvement from each one. I learned something from Justin's first coach that I tried implement, too, the first goal being to have fun.

The Scriptures talk about a gift of encouragement, and I must tend toward that. I enjoy doing that, and seeing others improve, especially kids. I did this because AYSO was really needing coaches, but I can see that the Lord was in this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home