Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Yard sale 2

We did it! We actually got the yard sale done, moved a great deal of stuff out of the garage, and made a little money. But the goal was not the money, it was clearing out the garage. It's amazing what we can stack up thinking we'll use it "someday" and years later we're still waiting for that special day. I talked about that on Sunday at church, how we hang on to things, things we don't need, things that are sometimes painful, yet we don't let go. How many times has God asked us to let go of something, yet we don't? Yard sales are great for analogies on life. We accumulate, but for what or for whom? Whatever you're hanging on to, get rid of it! The feeling is freeing and fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home