Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Godblog 2

I’m at the conference right now. I’ve only been on the campus at BIOLA one other time, so I’d forgotten the beauty of this place. I had no idea where to go for the conference, so I just went into the first building I could get to right next to the parking lot and went in to ask where the blogging conference was. The reaction? “The what?” “The blogging conference.” “What’s that? Blogging did you say?” “Yes.” “I don’t know, I’ve never heard of it, but this is a big campus and a lot goes on here, much that we don’t even know about. Who is the contact person?” Needless to say, I couldn’t remember Matt’s last name (Anderson), and didn’t bring any other material with me. I thought the campus was small enough, and that everyone would know what was going on, and, silly me, that a college would be very familiar with the latest, cutting edge trends. Wrong. The receptionist at the building was as kind as she could be, and worked very hard to find out where I needed to go, but never comprehended what “blogging” was. Evidently this is still very new! Thus, my beginning experience to the Godblogcon conference.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger DJ Chuang said…

    yes, I am getting tired of the question of "what's a blog" - wouldn't it be a better world if people would open their eyes and see what's going on in the real online world? :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger James Manning said…

    Ah yes, a few owners of blogs that I read attended the conference. I'd like to attend to get some additional knowledge on blogging but I don't think the content of my blog would fit well with the goal of the conference.

    Oh, Scott, sorry about not attending church lately. It's that NFL Ticket thing I got going on right now. I'll have to blog about the conflict between God and my beloved Bears :) As it stands now, God has a much better record. I am praying that someone on the "O" line figures out how to pick up a zone bilitz and can make an effective trap block.

    Have fun

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said…

    My personal apologies for your rough introduction to Biola and GodBlogCon. I will take full responsibility for not getting the front desk the appropriate info. I honestly forget admist the other details.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home