Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Giving

1 John 3:17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?


I knew that our church was going to give, but they surprised even me! We had a second offering given on Sunday to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina, and, on a Labor Day Sunday, almost $4200 was given. This is a giving church, a church that is loving and kind. The money will be split between Samaritan's Purse and the Salvation Army. I've already commented on my feelings toward both organizations. Even after giving, there are those who are asking what else could we do. We're praying about what the Lord would have us do. This is an opportunity for the followers of Christ to shine, following Jesus' lead, which is serving.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Every day I browse through about 50 blogs just cause I love the crazy shit some people post. I also like leaving a comment to encourage the blog masters to keep posting quality content. That's how I happened upon your blog. I like it! Keep it up.

    If you want to repay the visit, visit my new website for Dealership Opportunities information. I've compiled a lot of information for Dealership Opportunities seekers. I hope you'll find the FREE information on my site useful. :-)

    I also welcome Reciprocal Links, so be sure to stop by and add your link. It could help you get even more visitors to your blog!
    _____________________
    I'm also the webmaster for:
    Best Weight Loss Pill
    Disease Index
    FREE Tutorial Videos
    Submit Your Articles
    Traffic Swarm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home