Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation 2006: Lake Tahoe

We had some friends give us a time share week, and we chose to go to Lake Tahoe for vacation. Neither Traci nor I had been there before. It was a fantastic choice. The lake was beautiful, the trees majestic and the lifestyle considerably slower than LA, not to mention the temperature and humidity, which was much more comfortable than LA, too. And we of course found an excellent coffee place that roasted their own beans fresh, which was a blessing, too. Here are a couple of pictures of the week. I had asked the kids what the highlight was, and one of their highlights was getting to see the neighborhood bear on two different days. He's here rummaging through the garbage looking for something to eat. We got within about 20 feet of him, but he didn't really care.


Their highlight was also the clearness of the lake. None of us could get over how incredibly clear it was. They had a great time swimming in it. Bryson kept diving down into the water to get rocks, and found one that was heart-shaped, which he promptly gave to Mom. He then found some other rocks, treasures to him, and gave them away to her, too. He later told me that one of his highlights was getting rocks for Mommy. He is quite a romantic at heart. Maybe he picked that up from Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home