Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Da Vinci Crock, er, Code




I received a paper from one of our college students at the church who had written a great paper on “The da Vinci Code.” It’s a great paper, and she had one quote that caused me to laugh out loud. It was a quote from Mark A Finley, with the Adventist Church, who said, “'The Da Vinci Code' is a suspense-filled, spine tingling read that blends fiction with fiction.”

The other good quote is from Roger Ebert, who wrote this about “The da Vinci Code” when reviewing the movie: “Dan Brown’s novel is utterly preposterous; Ron Howard’s movie is preposterously entertaining.”

Is Dan Brown’s book and the movie by the same name a threat to Christianity? Not if you take the advice of the movie advertising and “seek the truth.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home