Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, July 07, 2006

The church has left the building



This is the 3rd year of our outreach to the community. I borrowed a slogan from another church in Ohio for this year's theme: "The church has left the building." The church is called to do ministry in the community, not expect the community to come to us, so we're going out. We're reaching over 1800 homes in our area with three different gifts. The last two weeks we've given out American flags. Even Uncle Sam got into the outreach! And of the 40 or so who were ministering last week, almost half were children! When one person asked about putting a flag in a neighbor's yard, the neighbor responded, "Oh, you must be from CrossRoad (the name of the church). We're developing a name and reputation in the community, that of giving. And isn't that a Jesus kind of thing to do?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those are my kids...We're famous. Rev. Your sermon was for me, (I know it was for like every1 else too), but really for me. Thank you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home