Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dreamer

I'm a sucker for a good horse story. Actually, I may even be a sucker for a bad horse story, as long as there is a horse. I grew up riding horses, it was one of the great joys of my life. There is nothing like the noise of the saddle, the movement of the horse and the sound of the hooves as they hit the ground. I even like the smell of a horse and the saddle! I could ride for hours. It was one of the things I did when I needed to get away from everything and just think, or do no thinking at all. There are times when we need both. I learned a great deal from riding horses, lessons I have used over and over again, not the least of which is "if you fall of a horse, you get back on." I miss riding and owning a horse. That is one of the things I do not understand about being called to ministry in LA. I have enough room in my back yard for a horse to turn around, and that's about it. I love my job, don't get me wrong, I just wish we had room for a horse!

Image hosting by PhotobucketAnyway, go rent "Dreamer". It's a good story, and it's got a great horse in it. Of course you know the ending that's coming, but who cares? Not only is the horse in it, but it's a great story of a man who renews his passion for what he loves. And out of that comes a family who is brought together in the process of fulfilling a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home