Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Jesus is on the radio

Jesus Christ
Sunday 6 am - 9 am


Tune in every Sunday morning for The Way, The Truth and The Life.


I got this call this morning from a reporter with a local newspaper, "The Daily Breeze." The reporter, Kim, told me about this new radio show in which Jesus Christ was the host. She asked if I would listen to the show and comment on it, to which I gladly agreed, if only out of morbid curiosity. I also looked up the web site of the radio station, and here was the description:

THE JESUS CHRIST SHOW
2000 years ago He walked this earth.... teaching.... guiding.... loving and
preparing to make the ultimate sacrifice...

What if... today, you could talk to Him, laugh with Him...cry with Him? Not
just through prayer, but through the radio...

Tune in this Sunday morning to find out why the young and old from all over the world listen (via the internet & radio waves) for the answers to life's toughest questions.

Hosted by Jesus Christ


I preach every Sunday morning. I use the Scriptures, studying the text from several different versions and several different commentaries. I even read sermons on the text from other pastors at times. I spend a great deal of time thinking (and meditating) on the Scripture as well as considerable time in prayer. When I preach, I try to get an accurate understanding of the text according to what I believe God is saying through it. But I am not so bold as to say "I'm Jesus Christ, and here is what this text means." So, is the radio host bold or nuts or both for claiming to be Jesus? Or is this all a great publicity stunt? KFI radio has been known to do some outlandish things for publicity.

The station is KFI 640 in Los Angeles. If you get a chance, listen to it and give me your response. I'd be curious to know what you think. If you look at the web site, look at the list of hosts on the left side, and click on to "Jesus Christ."

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Laura Springer said…

    I listen every Sunday on the way to church. It has been at least a year now (probably more like two) and I have yet to hear an unacceptable interpretation of Scripture. His interpretations, counseling, and demeanor have been right on.

    I will say that sometimes KFI's marketing is a tad offensive, but Neil does a great job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home