Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Horses

I just finished reading "Funny Cide; How a Horse, a Trainer, a Jockey, and a bunch of high school buddies took on the Sheiks and Bluebloods. . . and won". As you know, anything with horses has got to be good in my eyes, and this was no exception. Image hosting by Photobucket I remember watching Funny Cide run in 2003, but didn't realize the story behind it. This is a great story about a group of people who wanted to live life to the fullest, and went for their dream, to own racehorses and actually win! The odd part of their dream was this: they were not stereotypical race horse owners. After Funny Cide's winning of the Kentucky Derby, one of the "typical" racehorse owners (referred to as "bluebloods") was overheard saying, "one of the owners (of Funny Cide) is a school teacher!" The audacity of her!

I love it when typecasts are broken!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home