Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

prayer of agreement

Matthew 18:19 If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for your by My Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

The word “agree” is derived from a root from which we get the word symphony – to be of one mind and purpose, or to be in harmony. Harmony comes when we line our lives up with the desires of the One we serve, Jesus Christ.

Generally, we’re all for agreeing, as long as someone realizes I’m right. It’s more difficult when others don’t see the brilliance of my insight. Alright, I’m being a little facetious, but that’s what many think when this Scripture is quoted. But that’s not the point. There is power in people agreeing together, and even more so when the agreement lines up with the ways of God. Jesus taught us to pray, “thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” The point is, what I want needs to line up with what God wants, and He wants heaven to invade earth. He wants to radically change people so that they take on the characteristics of Himself: to love and serve. Prayer is, as Karl Barth said, an uprising against the disorder of the world. The prayer of agreement, especially to be in harmony with what God desires, can and will change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home