Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Listening and Prayer

One of my dream trips would be to do what this guy is doing, riding in the mountains. When I was growing up, I would often ride alone for long stretches of time (although where I rode, in Kansas, it looked nothing like this picture!)just to think, pray and listen. The older I get, the more I realize why Jesus gave us the example of going to quiet places to pray. We need down time or alone time, time to contemplate and more importantly, to listen. I just read an article from a business leader who emphasized the importance of taking alone time and contemplating. As a Christian, I know there is more to contemplation, I have to listen to what I believe the Lord is saying. Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice." Its hard to hear Him when we're too busy to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home