Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Friday, April 28, 2006

national day of prayer

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world. Karl Barth


Next Thursday, May 4, is National Day of Prayer. I enjoy praying, and remember some very powerful prayer meetings over the years. Last year we hosted a gathering of several churches to focus on praying for our nation. It was a memorable evening. In the next week, I’ll blog on some of my favorite quotes on prayer, adding some comment. The American church puts far too little emphasis on the power we have as Christians in prayer. Prayer truly does change situations, events and courses. Please set aside time next week to pray for our nation, and for the state of the body of Christ in America.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home