Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Godblog 3

In listening to Mark D. Roberts and Tod Bolinger, two pastors who did one of the breakout sessions, the key phrase, for me, was “find your own voice.” They defined that as writing about my passions and concerns. I’ve struggled with what to write about since I started this in June. I want to write, but what I started with is not what I’ve been writing about lately. The issue of turning a church around is a hugely important one, but I’ve gotten bogged down in writing about it. I am passionate about that, but realize that I need to mix up what I’m writing about, so that I do not continually harp on one issue. I like writing light hearted things, too, fun things, different happenings, from my family to church to just every day observations that I make, like what I wrote about in beginning the blogging conference.

Incidentally, both of these gentlemen I have been looking forward to meeting. I’ve been reading their blogs for some time, have enjoyed their insight. They are every bit as gracious and encouraging as I have found them to be in their blogs. Meeting them has been a highlight. And the fact that they took a while to find their "voice" in blogging was encouraging to me. The best way to learn is to keep at it, so I will.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger kansasscott said…

    charley,
    In looking at your blog, I realized I don't have to be "heavy" or earthshattering in all I write, just write. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas, and especially the off the wall comments. thanks for the note, and I did read the site you recommended. I hope for the day someone stumbles on this and visits the church.
    Scott

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since coming to this church I have always had an older/old pastor, so having new, young one it rather different for me.
    Why do you want to "BLOG" anyway? What does it do for you?
    Oldtimer

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger kansasscott said…

    Oldtimer:
    Good question. This is the medium for this generation and the future. This is where they can and will connect. Plus, I can use this as a discipleship tool and teaching tool. As people read, they learn the pastor's heart, the direction of the church, and more about Jesus. My desire is to reach the future generations for Christ, and this is one of the best ways to do that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home