Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Why Blog? 2

Why do I blog 2
Jolly blogger has a great t-shirt I thought about getting. It says, “I think, therefore I blog.” http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/. That wasn’t the reason I started blogging, but it is a good one! This is a good web site, and I often stop by here to read what he has to say. His thoughts are challenging and often humorous, something I’m quite fond of, too.

Here is a definition I found from an article on blogging for those wondering what this is all about:
A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links. A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

I’ve been talking about blogging for months in the office, and I still get puzzled looks from the staff and my friends when I mention it, so if you’re feeling in the dark about this, you’re in good company. Let’s go on with “why blog.”

My first reason was to document the history of the turning around of our church from dying to new life and a renewed vision to reach our neighborhood for Jesus Christ. I will continue to periodically write about that.

My second reason for blogging is discipleship. The most (preaching time) I have with the congregation is 30-40 minutes on Sunday. If my good friend, Don, had his way, I’d get 60 minutes (and there are times I wish I had that much), but the majority of people are unable to give that kind of time to a sermon. Blogging, then, becomes another opportunity to teach. That teaching can include additional information about the message, can be other thoughts that don’t fit the message on Sunday, yet I still believe is pertinent, or give other information from a variety of topics. As I learn more about blogging and linking (referencing other blog sites) I’m going to add that, too. There are some very good blogs out there, teaching some great truths of Scripture, and/or giving some very thought-provoking writings that I’d like for the congregation to read. By doing all this, I continue to disciple long after the Sunday services are over.

next: Interaction with the congregation and other pastors/bloggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home