Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why blog?

I have had several people ask why I blog. Great question. At first, I thought I had the answer, but after starting this realize that there is so much more that can be done.

Originally I wanted to blog to give to document how we (church I pastor and my family) turned a dying church around. 85% of churches in the US are in plateau (stagnant, no growth) or are dying. The church had been in a pattern of slow decline for 12-14 years prior to my becoming senior pastor for various reasons. I did not want to be known as the pastor who shut the doors of the church. Little did I know what my family (pastoring is a joint effort, everyone in the family, wife, children are involved) would face in getting a traditional church, stayed in it’s ways to become untraditional by renewing the vision of why we are here. I’ll write on that more another time.

So, why else would I blog? More on that later.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger James Manning said…

    hehehe... You need to turn on your word verification, Scott. Spam is like the Borg: You will be assimilated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home