Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Why Blog? 3

Why do I Blog? 3

The third reason for blogging is something I just recently realized, the value of interaction on the web. Jollyblogger http://jollyblogger.typepad.com/jollyblogger/ recently sited this piece, then wrote: (forgive me for not writing down the date)
“Taking this a step further, George Barna says that more and more people are looking to the internet for their spiritual life and sustenance:
New ways of experiencing and expressing faith, such as through house churches, marketplace ministries, and cyberchurches, are becoming the norm for millions of people.”



Reading the blogs of others gives me the opportunity to reflect, grow, learn, be challenged, and at times even interact with pastors and others in the community of faith, as we grow together in our faith in Jesus Christ, and what it means to be truly Christian. I value the opinions of these brothers and sisters in Christ, whether we always agree or not.

This is the future, ministering on and through the internet, and having a presence here gives me the ability to interact with others throughout the world, Christian or not. I don't want to miss out on what God is doing and will do through this medium. (No, this will never take the place of face to face meetings and times of worship, but we would be foolish for leaving out this ministry because it does not fit our paradigm)

What I would like to do is have this become a forum to interact with my own congregation as well as other bloggers. I have been encouraging the CrossRoad family to read this blog, and hopefully begin to interact with what I’ve written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home