Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Why Blog 4? Engaging the culture

The internet is the tool of the day, not just for communication, but for this generation. And through blogging, people that would not approach me, or engage in a conversation, would do so over the internet. Blogging can open avenues to reach out to those who would never darken the doors of a church, but would “talk” through the internet. I look forward to the day when those who do not yet know Jesus Christ would read and interact with my blog. I want to make disciples of Christ and blogging is just one more way that can happen in today’s society. The message of Jesus Christ never changes, how we communicate that message needs to develop as society changes. The use of the internet, and specifically blogging ( and I would include other sites, like “My Space” in that, too. I am fascinated by how much can be and is communicated through these kind of sites) is the means to connect and get the message of the good news of Christ out to a world in desperate need of Him. Through this medium, people from across the street to across the ocean can communicate and become friends. What an exciting time to be alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home