Turnaround

Title: turnaround. Why? When I came to Christ, I had to make a turnaround in my life. I am in the midst of a turnaround church, and Christ is still at work turning me around to following Him more closely.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Jesus Saga continued

I got this from Charley, it's in my comments on April 5, but I had to publish it here, too, so all of you take a look at it. Charley gives us some good info on "Jesus" on KFI. I'm looking forward to hearing "Jesus" on Sunday.

Charley said:
I LOVE the Jesus Christ Show. I catch a few minutes of it almost every Sunday morning.

The host is an actor, Neil Saavedra. Neil happens to be a friend of a friend of mine (though I've never personally met him). He's a Christian with a good command of apologetics and a lot of common sense.

The history is something like this... several years ago, there was another call-in show on KFI, whose name I can't remember. They would deal with various controversial topics. Occasionally Neil would call in, as Jesus, and offer his opinion.

He became such a popular caller that he eventually became a guest on the show occasionally. Eventually, he was given his own show on Sunday mornings.

So what we have is a Christian, with a good command of the Bible and good communication skills, who also happens to be an actor portraying Jesus. People call in with their theological questions or life situations and he gives answers. The things I've heard him say are pretty solid.

I think it's one of the most creative, out-of-the-box things I've ever heard a Christian do, and it's very bold of KFI, a secular station, to do it.


By the way, I've referenced Charley's blog in the link section. His blog is an enlightening, entertaining read. Check it out!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes I also enjoy the Jesus Christ show what a great change and breath of fresh air from all the filth and garbage on Television. I was more than pleasantly surprised

     

Post a Comment

<< Home